INTRODUCTION TO DIGITAL MARKETING
- Swetha Y
- Mar 3, 2020
- 1 comment(s)
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is the component of marketing that utilizes the internet and online-based digital technologies such as desktop computers, mobile phones, and other digital media and platforms to promote products and services.
Must-know facts and principles by the Digital Marketer:
> Help Google find your pages:
a. Ensure that all pages on the site can be reached by a link from another findable page. The referring link should include either text or, for images, an alt attribute, that is relevant to the target page.
b. Provide a sitemap file with links that point to the important pages on your site.
c. Make sure that your webserver correctly supports the If-Modified-Since HTTP header.
d. Use the robots.txt file on your webserver to manage your crawling budget by preventing crawling of infinite spaces such as search result pages.
e. Ask Google to crawl your pages can be done through the Search Console (https://search.google.com/search-console/about
> Help Google understand your pages:
a. Create useful and relevant content.
b. Use keywords that will highlight your web page - Do a Keyword Research using various tools - Google Keyword Planner, Ahref and Alexa.com, etc.
c. Design your site to have a clear conception page hierarchy
d. Write a descriptive title, description, URL and Alt attributes for images, etc.
e. use rel = no follow or robot.txt command to avoid Google crawling unknown external links and ads.
> Help visitors use your pages:
a. Try to use texts instead of images to be more descriptive and if you want to use images make sure to provide Alt attributes to images.
b. Make sure all the web pages are device friendly - content should be clear and visible to users when using any device when they are browsing your website.
c. Optimize your page loading time.
d. If possible, secure your site's connections with HTTPS.
B. Quality Guidelines - Black Hat
Strictly avoid the Black Hat practices which lead your website to be penalized by Google
Avoid the following techniques:
Automatically generated content
Participating in link schemes
Creating pages with little or no original content
Hidden text or links
Participating in affiliate programs without adding sufficient value
Loading pages with irrelevant keywords
Creating pages with malicious behavior, such as phishing or installing viruses, trojans, or other badware
Abusing structured data markup
Sending automated queries to Google
For more information click on the link below:
Components of Digital Marketing:
1. Search Engine Optimization: is a method of optimization carried out on Website to rank higher on SERP(Search Engine Result Page)
2. Social Media Marketing: Social media marketing is the use of social media platforms and websites to promote a product or service.
3. Search Engine Marketing: Search engine marketing is a form of Internet marketing that involves the promotion of websites by increasing their visibility in search engine results pages primarily through paid advertising.
4. Content Marketing: Content marketing is a form of marketing focused on creating, publishing, and distributing content for a targeted audience online - Content might be in the form of Image, Video or text,
5. Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate's marketing efforts.
6. Inbound Marketing: Inbound marketing is a technique for drawing customers to products and services via content marketing, social media marketing, search engine optimization, and branding. Inbound Marketing Funnel: ATTRACT-CONVERT-CLOSE-DELIGHT
7. Email Marketing: Email marketing is the act of sending a commercial message, typically to a group of people, using email. In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing.
8. PPC (Pay-Per-Click Advertising): PPC stands for pay-per-click, a model of internet marketing in which advertisers pay a fee each time one of their ads is clicked.
Author: Swetha Y
Digital Marketing Executive