Computer Networks (Crash Course)5th Semester
· Principles of application layer protocols Outline transport layer services and inter UDP and TCP protocols Classify routers.
· IP and Routing Algorithms in network layer.
· Explain the Wireless and Mobile Networks covering IEEE 802.11 Standard.
· Multimedia Networking and Network Management.
· To master the terminology and concepts of the OSI reference model and the TCP/ IP reference model.
· To master the concepts of protocols, network interfaces, and design/performance issues in local area networks and wide area networks.
· To be familiar with wireless networking concepts.
· To be familiar with contemporary issues in networking technologies.
· To be familiar with network tools and network programming.
· This class will cover the theory, design, engineering, and installation of networks to connect digital computers.
· The course will prepare students to plan and implement a network. Also includes peer-to-peer networks, the client-server model, network operating systems, and an introduction to wide-area networks.
· The network and implementation tools may vary to meet current development trends.
· Understand the principles and concepts on computer networks.
· Understand general-purpose computer networks.
· Master the computer network applications.
· Master the knowledge on designing and building a complete system.